Re: PGP key fingerprints.

> [email protected] writes:
> Is there any way to get PGP to display the fingerprint of a public ke
> before you add it to your keyring?  I know that the -kvc command displays

I sometimes add them to a temporary keyring (pgp -ka file.asc testring)
and then do pgp -kvc "*" testring so I can see what I'm about to stick in
there.  I didn't bother before somebody or other (was that you, Hal?)
demonstrated that he could change the name on Phil's PGP key, and I didn't
want it polluting my <real> keyring.

	Jim Gillogly
	Sterday, 1 Astron S.R. 1994, 16:36