Re: Censorship--I Demand a Retraction!

	Ah, Tim, err, Brad was on our side here pal 8)  Vonnegut
	had a neat little thing making the previous "Because
	children read furom, I agree that abscene language should
	be banned.." quote look stoooooopid.  I also think it was
	"Palm Sunday"  not Psalm.  8)

> Under the rules under which the Information Snooperhighway is run, the
> Tipper Chip will automatically censor your messages for instances of
> the 73 Forbidden Words (George Carlin, weep!) and the 192 Banned
> Thoughtforms. Impure and seditious traffic will not be tolerated.

	That was a damn good skit that Carlin did, almost as good
	as the thing he does about politically correct terms 8)

> --Infosturmbahnfuhrer T.C. May
>
> P.S. I can't _believe_ a Cypherpunk is actually advocating censorship.
> If "obscenity" is banned, the logical corollary is that some folks
> will be put in prison for continuing to say "fuck" and "freedom" and
> other words deemed to be obscene by some Legion of CyberDecency. Can
> this be what Brad Huntting really wants? (Tell us it was just a joke
> of color, or something.)

	No, it was simply a misinerpretation, and misattribution.
	Noe Brad said whoever didnt find that quote "Because
	Children....." obscene should rad the Vonnegut thing,
	snce they would actually find the quote calling for
	censoring obscene itself.

> Kurt Vonnegut: welcome to the monkey house. If Kurt really called for
> censorship, I'll have to reevaluate my respect for him. Too bad Frank
> Zappa isn't available to have a chat with him about the nature of
> censorship.

	OH NONONONO, Kurt doesnt support censorship at all, and
	his commentary on it is quite enlightening.  Do you think
	the guy who wrote about seeing the bodies of young school
	girls boiled in the water tower at Dresden would support
	censorship, or the guy who wrote _Breakfast Of Champions_
	with various ridiculously funny hand drawn pictures of
	anatomy etc..., or the guy who discovered that the main
	reason we have wars is for women's underwear 8)
	Dont worry Tim, we realize it was only a misattribution
	most likely do to the often confusing format that some
	people do their quotes in 8)

> --
> Timothy C. May         | Crypto Anarchy: encryption, digital money,
> [email protected]       | anonymous networks, digital pseudonyms, zero
> 408-688-5409           | knowledge, reputations, information markets,
> W.A.S.T.E.: Aptos, CA  | black markets, collapse of governments.
> Higher Power: 2^859433 | Public Key: PGP and MailSafe available.
> "National borders are just speed bumps on the information superhighway."

	You're eqipped with a hundred billion nueron brain, that's
	wired and fired, and it's a reality generating device, but
	you've got too do it.  Free youself  ----Tim Leary----