Re: Bekenstein Bound

First off, Black holes are singularities or points and have no volumes.

Second, the 'surface' of the event horizon is a fractal and is therefore
better represented by a volume.

Third, Black holes are not de-coupled from the rest of the universe, they
emit 'Hawkings Radiation' which eventually leads to the evaporatio of every
black hole, the bigger the faster.

State shifts, such as a electron or the collapse of a Hamiltonian in a 2
slip experiment take zero time. The issue of time is irrelevant.

Fifth, volume is not an issue because several accepted theories imply a
'many worlds' type of reality. Some of these theories even allow a certain
amount of information to leak between them. This occurs because when the
Hamiltonian is constructed some states prevent or exclude other states and the
state space turns out to be smaller than at first apparent.

Sixth, everyone (incl. me initialy) was discussing QED in exclusion. This is
completely incorrect. You must include QCD and it is a complete unknown at this
point. When QED succeded because of Feynmann the tools were applied to the
Quantuam Chromodynamics of Quarks and it has not solved any problems.

I did a little scrounging around last nite in my library and came up with w
books which discuss aspects of this without burying it in math.

Mind Children by Hans Moravec (has a discussion on this exact topic)

Quantum Physics: Illusion or Reality? by Alastair Rae

Take care...