Re: Economic assumptions

Evil Pete says:
> > I can imagine that bandwidth in the fibersphere for text transmission
> > will be too cheap to meter, which means that the cost of metering
> > would more than the marginal revenue.  In this case, and this is not
> > the near future, there aren't any delivery charges per message.
>

> that is what Tom Edison said about electrity....

Actually electricity too cheap to meter was an idiotic comment made
about nuclear power in the 1950s. However, I'll point out that its
been some years since I noticed the cost of my electric bill. Now,
admittedly, I'm a fairly well off person, but were my communications
costs for a very wide band fiber connection, even if usage based, as
low as that for my electric usage, I would never notice the cost.

Perry