Re: Pseudonyms and Reputations

From Hal:

<other discussion on a game deleted>
This does suggest an alternative form of "is-a-person" credentialling,
though.

Rather than trying to verify identity at a distance, . . . . .

I'm sure I don't understand, said Alice in Wonderland:  cryptology is
to create anonymity sufficient to prevent the identification of a
person; however, it is desireable to have a method/means of verifying
identity such that in games or digicash or whatnot, someone cannot take
advantage of that ability to obfuscate precise references to themselves.

How could these two opposing needs be simultaneously satisfied? It
sounds like a self-defeating proposition.

Blanc