Factoring Broken, news at 11

  A friend of mine told me that a friend of his (who I know), has
a professor who knows someone at Bellcore who has just succeeded
in a factoring breakthough. Supposedly it relies on quantum
complexity theory or something else I've never heard of. Of course,
I think it's total bullsh*t and probably a misinterpreted April Fools
joke, but there's always the possibility....

   Just thought I'd relay this semihumorous tidbit. (and possibly
start another nasty net.rumor ;-) )

-Ray
-- Ray Cromwell        |    Engineering is the implementation of science;   --
-- [email protected]  |       politics is the implementation of faith.     --