RE: Warrantless searches -- A sign of things to come?

Adam writes:

> Anyway, the point is, these people aren't safe in their own homes. The parents
> keep their children home from school because they are afraid that they will either
> get shot (which happens quite a lot, one child was shot by a "gangsta" with a
> sniper rifle while his mother was walking him to school- the kid was about 5 years
> old) or that the kids will get involved in the gangs.
>
> For a while, the Chicago PD were unwilling to enter the buildings until after the
> shooting had stopped, and would then go in to tag and bag the bodies. IT WAS BAD!!!

Ok, now let me get this straight.  The police who are supposed to 'serve
and protect' weren't willing to go in there to protect their
constituents because it was too dangerous, but in the same breath they
want to remove these people's ability to protect themselves.

Just wanted to make sure.

Ben.
____
Renegade academician. They're a dangerous breed when they go feral.
 		-James P. Blaylock in "Lord Kelvin's Machine"