FBI Cost-Benefit

Dave Banisar forwards something aparently from CPSR-

> Ever since it first proposed "Digital Telephony" legislation in
> 1992, the Federal Bureau of Investigation has claimed that
> wiretapping enables law enforcement agencies to prevent billions
> of dollars in economic loss.

Wonder what the value is of the right of everyone to conduct their
business as they see fit, and the value of safety from government
peeping, and what figures I should cite to justify them.  Not to
undercut the point, just needed some air.  There should be a
catalog, maybe a science, of slippery slopes.

-fnerd
quote me

hah.  i can do that with my eyes tied behind my hands.