Re: Laundering money through commodity futures

: > there was a popular song in the (1910's? 1920's?) called 'the man who
: > broke the bank at monte carlo' and I do recall reading (in a book of

: Short of actual references, this remains an urban legend. Even if
: demonstrated, it doesn't necessarily mean anything about the practical
: application of doubling and similar strategies.

I have a reference to that somewhere, but I'll save us all the bother
of looking it up.  The song was based on a guy (I think he was an
engineer) who noticed a slight imbalance on one of the wheels, giving
him a minor advantage which he parlayed up by long and boring repetitive
bets on numbers at that side of the wheel.

It wasn't a Martingale system.