Re: warrantless searches

>  As a lifetime Chicago resident, let me add my $.02

> Besides, Handguns are illegal in Chicago, and have been for more
> than a decade.......
>

> Brian Williams
> Extropian
> Cypherpatriot

I was in Chi. a couple of years ago and happened to run into a guy
just getting home that had a handgun strapped to his belt in plain
view.  Is there a license for this or must you be a private
eye/police/security for this?  I doubt it was illegal, unless he was
just asking for trouble.

It was in a reasonably bad neighborhood on the East side.  (Ahem, made
a wrong turn...)

I know that in OH there are some interesting laws: I had a lawyer
friend who wore a gun even when he went out drinking in bars because
of the types of clients he represented.  Supposedly the local police
had cleared it or something based on some legal exception.  (In Ohio,
there are signs posted in bars that having a handgun in a licensed
liquor establishment has such and such mandatory sentence.)

sdw
--
Stephen D. Williams  Local Internet Gateway Co.; SDW Systems 513 496-5223APager
LIG dev./sales       Internet: [email protected]