Re: Encryption for OS/2

On Sat, 23 Apr 1994 [email protected] wrote:

> I would like to hear from CP's who have implemented PGP on OS/2.  I'm a
> little concerned that I can only encrypt FAT files when the bulk of my
> data are on HPFS formatted drives.  Is there a group out there?

  Although I have not implemented PGP on my OS/2 drive yet, I don't see
it as a problem.  I run many DOS/FAT apps on my system that work well
under HPFS.  After all, you are just issuing a file open command, and
then a series of reads, nothing the system can't handle.

  The only place I see a problem is with file names.  If you haven't
modified the source, and compiled it will a decent OS/2 compiler, then it
will only work with 8.3 names.

  Good luck.  Let me know if you have any problems.  In the mean time,
I'll be installing it here.

-ck