Re: THE FREEDOM DAEMON - PART DOUX

Gary Jeffers writes:
> There has been some criticism of the ethics of my THE FREEDOM DAEMON post.
> The freedom daemon is a proposed software machine for a proposed
> future in which a police state captures the Internet.

It did look a lot like fiction rather than a plan for real code.
But parts of it didn't look like good ideas.

> Under a police state & in times of strife, ethics change &
> things that were at one time unthinkable become quite thinkable.

Ethics don't change - some people just make different decisions about
whether to apply them or not.  Sometimes the applications are different,
if your ethics tell you to treat bad guys differently from good guys
and other people have changed sides.

> However, this speculation was just a flight of fancy, so go back to
> sleep & don't worry your precious little heads.
Same to you, bud :-)

			Bill Stewart