Re: Schneier's source code

"tcm" == Timothy C May <[email protected]> writes:

tcm> Someone in Cypherpunks has a novel solution: print code in the
tcm> most easily OCRable font---I think the suggestion was that OCR-A
tcm> and OCR-B, or somesuch, are optimized for this (one would think
tcm> so from the names, but I had thought they had something to do
tcm> with the magnetic ink printing on checks...).

  One of the computer magazines ("Compute"?) in the '80s used to
supply source in a bar code format which was readily scanned into
one's machine using one of those "light wands." I don't know what
export restrictions might apply to this distribution method.

michael