Re: Faking hostnames and inconvenient anon IP

> In that case one of us (who owns a machine directly plugged into the net)
> should set up an anon server that doesn't check for user/host names, or
> better yet, provide a bouncing off point for anonymous telnet...  Say
> something like you telnet to port 666 on toad.com, and then you're given
> an anonymous temporary id.  At that point, you are prompted with a menu for
> what to do... telnet to another site, ftp into another side, call
> an IRC server from somewhere, etc.  All the anon server would have to do
> is bounce packets...   I think this idea came up before... an anon packet
> forwarding service of sorts...
>
> If a user goes through several of these, s/he is granted pretty decent
> anonimity...  Perhaps another play on this would work with encrypted
> packets?  Where each user who dials into one of these packet bouncers
> talks to it via a PGP like RSA and key-exchange system.

	There's something similar to this in ftp.germany.eu.net:/pub/networks
	it's called inet, or something similar. basically you set it up
to run on a site, and dependig on which port of said site you telnet to,
it bounces packets to somewhere else. so, at ports 2000-2010 on toad.com,
you have 11 different anon-irc servers, 2011 has somewthing else, and so
on. I'm sure that someone could hack up the source code to inclde
anything you damn well want.

*       *       Mikolaj J. Habryn
                [email protected]
    *           "Life begins at '040."
                PGP Public key available by finger
    *           "Spaghetti code means job security!"