Secure Device - Plaintext/Cyphertext size difference?

I just started using this program (secure device) yesterday. I love the
concept, however there is something that bugs the hell out of me... I set
it up for a 30-meg encrypted 'volume', and the file is indeed about 30
megs. However when I 'log in' to it, a dir shows only about ten megs of
space. I tried creating an additional secure device volume, and this one
was 25 megs on the outside and a bout 8 megs on the inside.  From what I
glean from Applied Cryptography, IDEA usualy produces cyphertext
approximately the same size as the cleartext, right? so why the massive
difference in available space?

Happy Hunting, -Chris.

Christian Douglas Odhner     | "The NSA can have my secret key when they pry
[email protected]	     | it from my cold, dead, hands... But they shall
pgp 2.3 public key by finger | NEVER have the password it's encrypted with!"
cypherpunks         WOw            dCD           Traskcom          Team Stupid
  Key fingerprint =  58 62 A2 84 FD 4F 56 38  82 69 6F 08 E4 F1 79 11