Lobbying/Politics/etc.

>   How did Eric Hughes and Phil Karn get to speak the immortal words
>   that DO represent the entire group?

When did this happen?  You should tell me, I'd like to know.

I represent myself as cypherpunks founder, or cypherpunks list
maintainer.

>   Agreed.  Money can be better used elsewhere, IMO, but if folks
>   do end up in the public eye it would be nice to have some
>   concrete definitions the public can use to judge the comments
>   made by those high-visibility people.

cypherpunks: (n) an Internet mailing list about implementations of
cryptography.  Cypherpunks is a venue for those who believe in the
free and widespread use of cryptography; it focuses especially on the
social effects of such deployment.

Eric