Re: Why Digital Cash is Not Being Used

Perry E. Metzger says

> Currency needs to be fungible -- your time and my time and
> the time of a brain surgeon are not the same. Furthermore,
> I can't verify that you are actually giving me your time.
> It would be a nightmare.

I see that my post was ambiguous.  I didn't mean that "time" would be
the currency, rather, "time" would be the "good" purchased.  For a
given task, one person's time would be more valuable than another
person's time.  Online reputation services would be necessary.

I guess what I'm really trying to say is that I believe anonymous
digital cash is currently more suitable for purchasing services
(time) than for purchasing goods (software, information, bananas,
etc).   This might change in the future when the use of anonymous
digital cash becomes wide-spread.

[email protected]