Clipper and Congress

<In mail Stanton McCandlish said:>

> Unlike the Senate panel, there seemed to be some support for the Clipper
> proposal on the House Subcommittee.  Rep. Dan Glickman (D-KS),

  I wonder if these Representatives (and Senators for that matter) would be
  so supportive of Clipper if they were reminded that for it to be effective
  even THEY would have to have the chip on THEIR HOME PHONES, THEIR OFFICE
  PHONES, THEIR CELLULAR PHONES...

  I doubt many Congressional members are "clean" enough to support a chip
  with such a threat over their lives.

  "Hey, Rep. Joe Smith, did you know that if someone wanted to make a few
   dollars they could get the key from escrow and blackmail you about that
   affair you've been having!?"

	  Just a thought
		 Jim

--
 Tantalus Inc.          Jim Sewell      Amateur Radio: KD4CKQ
 P.O. Box 2310          Programmer           Internet: [email protected]