[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Anybody else see eye-to-eye with Connie Chung tonight?
- To: [email protected]
- Subject: Re: Anybody else see eye-to-eye with Connie Chung tonight?
- From: [email protected] (Bill Bogstad)
- Date: 8 May 1994 11:31:15 -0400
- Distribution: local
- Newsgroups: jhu.cs.cypherpunk
- Organization: The Johns Hopkins University, Computer Science Department
- References: <[email protected]>
- Sender: [email protected]
In the message <[email protected]>,
<[email protected]> wrote:
>[About segment on "digital stalker" on Prodigy and narrator's bias
>towards 'something should be done'. In particular, 'flaming' should
>not be tolereated.]
I saw it and the reporter's bias as well. What I found most
interesting was the interview(s) with the Prodigy representative who made
the analogies with regular physical mail and how we don't expect the Post
Office to screen all of our incoming mail. The reporter blew right past
this argument and seemd to imply that if it was technically possible for the
Post Office to screen your mail that it should. Quite disturbing...