RE: A CC of my letter to [email protected]

From: Mike McNally

I don't think an economic argument will really fly well, though I'd
love to be shown to be way wrong.  Seems to me that a mass-produced
chip whose production is subsidized by the government would probably
be pretty cheap.

I think an economic argument may be more of what "they" would be
attentive to, since it is the issue with which they concern themselves
the most  -  the economic situation of the country, and their need to
be in control of its facade.

A problem:  subsidization would mean higher taxes.

Blanc