Here they come...

Eric Hughes wrote:

H >Not quite.  I met Peter Lewis at CFP-94.  He has the official
H >cyberspace beat, which was just created this year.  Markoff reports
H >on the same issues, but is not assigned to that beat.
H >
H >   Markoff's pieces in the times show remarkable understanding of the
H >   issues, but Lewis's make it seem like he's never even logged in.
H >
H >I would suggest it would be more profitable to educate Mr. Lewis
H >rather than to hold another's reputation over his head.
H >
H >Eric

Lewis wasn't that hard to talk to at CFP'94.  He used to write the
Executive Computer column in the Sunday Times so I've followed his stuff
for years.

I didn't see any problems with his Anarchy in Cyberspace article on
Monday.  He was mostly talking about bad manners which exist on Internet
and equally in the over-governed realms of the real world.  Nothing new
there.  He is trying to interpret Cyberspace for the masses.  His job is
not to be inside talking out.

Perhaps he could have talked about the problems potential regulators would
face but that would be writing his article for him.

DCF

--- WinQwk 2.0b#1165