Re: Cypherpunks Goals: Bad debate drives out good debate

In message <[email protected]>you write:
  > special case of a mailing list).  All posts are sent to the central
  > site.  The mailing list software picks one e-mail address from all of
  > the list receivers, and forwards the post to that e-mail address

I like the general idea of distributing the load of moderating a list, but
would make a few changes. Instead of picking a moderator at random, might
it not work better to pick some percentage of the list (say 5%) and then
post the message only if more than half of those chosen as moderators, and
who respond within an hour, approve?

The trouble with random single moderators are many, but worst would probably
be time-delay. If the chosen moderator for a message is busy, sick, or away
from their desk messages could be delayed for days. The problem gets even worse
if a delayed message is then approved, and posted out of sequence.

Linn H. Stanton <[email protected]>

The above opinions are exclusively my own. If anyone else wants them,
they can buy them from me. Easy terms can be arranged.