PGP 2.6 and the future

Seems to me, perhaps, that the introduction of 2.6 might be a precursor
to RSA legally cracking down on anyone running pre-2.6 versions
(accepting that 2.4, viacrypt, is ok).

Scarey if you think about it, especially if the RSA folx are in bed with
the fed, which doesn't seem that unrealistic considering the political
climate.  That, coupled witht he fact that no one has yet verified the
seciurity of 2.5/2.6 lead me to seriously question the security of this
new version, since we are essentially being forced to use it if RSA
starts suing everyone, or gets the fed to crack down because of patent
infringement.

Sorry, just a rambling...

____        Robert A. Hayden          <=> [email protected]
 \/  /   Finger for Geek Code Info    <=> Political Correctness is
   \/  Finger for PGP 2.3a Public Key <=> P.C. for "Thought Police"
(GEEK CODE 1.0.1)  GAT d- -p+(---) c++(++++) l++ u++ e+/* m++(*)@ s-/++