Re: PGP outside the US

> Foreign users can also use PGP 2.5 until the US decides to kidnap
> them.

Yes, but why would we want to?

I am reasonably satisfied with my legal copy of PGP 2.3a.  I would be
happy to upgrade if there were technical reasons for doing so, but I am
not happy to downgrade to RSAREF's reportedly inferior implementation
of certain important operations.  I understand that USA folk are in a
different legal position from mine, and may wish to legitimise their
PGP use by downgrading.  But I am most displeased with what I see as
attempts to force me to either downgrade (for no good legal or technical
reason) or face an inability to communicate with USA folk who have
chosen (for valid legal reasons) to downgrade.

--apb (Alan Barrett)