Charge for Internet, Please.

Re: the latest "Taxpayer Assets Project" pettition against
    charges for internet use.

Personally, internet charges, combined with dropping of NSF
involvement, can't come too quickly for me.  I want to sign
the counter-pettition:

   To whom it may concern:
   I'm willing to pay, just get out of the way.

I don't mind if schools subsidize their students' accounts
(tuitions pay for it already and would still do so),
or if whoever funds research would subsidize researchers'
accounts.  But then I believe in the separation of school
and state, science and state, art and state.

If a charge of $20/month (and falling) gets rid of the whiners,
charge on.  Fat chance, of course, but they don't bother me
as long as no one takes their advice.

- -Steve Witham
quote me
To auditors without the code, calls seem
indistinguishable from noise.  --George Gilder