Re: PGP 2.5 is outside...

> Adam Shostack <[email protected]>:
> >As I said in my first message, I've heard 2.5 has already found its way
> >out of the US.  If that is the case, then the non-US users have access
> >to 2.5.  If they do have access to 2.5, then could we discuss the
> >technical merits of patching 2.5 v.  patching 2.3?
> Lets do a quick check and see where that might be...

Hmm, recently I received a enourmous amount of diffs, patches and what
so ever, to make pgp 2.3(a) compatible with pgp 2.6 (har)
now were at it, there isn't really a big difference between the two versions
(as far as I can tell) and the little hack from PC does the trick nice.
However you could also do it your self, letting the VERSION_BYTE change
when september 1 1994 is passed.

We'll try to make a nice new PGP 2.3c, which will be 100% compatible with
the 2.6 version. (Bug fixes from 2.3 to 2.4 from Branko Lankester are already
applied, now the compatibility problem will be to let 2.3 know it is 2.6)

--Eric--

"they'll get my crypto key when they pry it from my dead, cold fingers"
 -NSA's (former) chief counsel Stewart Baker

"the NSA being the devious bastards"
 - Michael Handler

 | Eric Limpens                           |  Where is my spycamera !?  |
 |                                        |     ..Bart Simpson..       |
 | S=limpe001;OU=hio;OU=tem;O=nhl;PRMD=surf;ADMD=400net;C=nl           |