[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
(fwd) FBI Digital Telephony Wiretapping a Done Deal??
- To: [email protected]
- Subject: (fwd) FBI Digital Telephony Wiretapping a Done Deal??
- From: [email protected] (Harry Bartholomew)
- Date: Thu, 26 May 1994 03:42:37 -0700
- Newsgroups: talk.politics.crypto
- Organization: Free Trial Software
- Sender: [email protected]
From alt.politics.crypto, several forwards deleted:
>US NEWS & WORLD REPORT, May 30, l994
>THE FREEH LOBBY. Thanks to intense personal lobbying by FBI
>Director Louis Freeh, there are now sufficient votes on Capitol Hill to
>assure passage of legislation that would make it far easier for law
>enforcement officials to wiretap the nation's telephone system. The
>snoop-friendly measure, which may be introduced this week, would
>require manufacturers of telephone, computer and cable
>communications equipment to design and build their machines so
>that they could be readily accessed by wiretap and other types of
>eaves-dropping devices used my US law enforcement agencies. The
>legislation would cover communications equipment now in use as well
>as items not yet on the drawing board.