Re: creating a v2.6 of PGP for the REST of us!

> If patches are going to be produced for PGP 2.3a for those of us
> outside the USA who wish to send PGP encrypted data to USA users of
> v2.6, will the patches also enable a key from a patched 2.3a to be put
> onto a USA key-server that only accepts v2.6 keys - will the keys be
> labelled as v2.6?

I posted a patch to cypherpunks yesterday that does that.

> I take it Pr0duct Cypher's patch doesn't include this?

I don't think it does.

> Maybe instead of many people producing different patches (some
> of which will be good and some bad) a new version (labelled as
> v2.6euro?) should be released from outside the USA that is derived
> from 2.3a code; therefore producing a version that is no different in
> _appearance_ to MIT's v2.6.

[email protected] is working my patch plus some other stuff into
a brand new version to be called 2.6ui (where the "ui" stands for
"unofficial international").  It will be packaged as a complete release,
with .tar files and .zip files and .sig files etc.  The raw patch file
will also be there.

--apb (Alan Barrett)