Re: Black Eye for NSA, NIST, and Denning

>        At today's talk at MIT (Morris & Unkenholz of the NSA) Morris
>said several times that the escrow system had to be produced in a
>hurry, on top of the Skipjack algorithim, which was designed
>previously and 'sitting in a storeroom.' (boy, I'd like to FOIA that
>storeroom. :)

Gee, now that [email protected] (Matt Blaze), knows where to find
the checksum, and by extension the unit id (Which shows up on labels
in photos on the literature from Mykotronx) - providing a known plaintext,
maybe someone will start working on the family key?

(I won't hold my breath waiting for it to be announced)