Micali's 'fair' crypto

[email protected] (Timothy C. May):

> Bill Sommerfeld writes:
>
> > disclaimer: I haven't read Micali's papers in detail, but I understand that
> > the "fair' cryptosystem is effectively "key escrow in software".  Actually,
> > I haven't seen his protocols discussed in any level of detail on this list.
> > An overview might help improve the S/N ratio here..
>
> I look forward to hearing your summary, Bill! Micali's paper was
> presented at the '92 Crypto Conference ("Proceedings" should be

Micali's system is really quite simple. While one can't expect everyone to read
all Crypto Conference Proceedings in their full technical glory, at least
read Schneier. He has a short, but clear and readable summary of "fair" crypto
and indeed most technical things we discuss here.

Rishab Aiyer Ghosh                                     [email protected]
Voicemail +91 11 3760335; Vox/Fax/Data 6853410
H-34C Saket New Delhi 110017 INDIA

The National Fairness to Game Animals Association says:
                                          Support your right to arm bears!