Ultra and Coventy

Perry wrote that the British let Coventry be destroyed lest Ultra
be revealed.  Kahn doesn't believe that.  From ``Kahn on Codes'', p. 110:

	Nor, to debunk another story, did Churchill let Coventry
	be destroyed because he believed that defensive measures
	would risk the secret of ULTRA.  Critical analyses of
	documents show that this is pure myth.

The footnote cites F.H. Hinsley with E.E. Thomas, C.F.G Ransom, and
R.C. Knight, ``British Intelligence in the Second World War:  Its
Influence on Strategy and Operations'' (London, 1979- ), I:528-48;
N.E. Evans, ``Air Intelligence and the Coventry Raid'', Royal United
Services Institution Journal (September 1976), 66-73.  I don't have
access to either of those publications, so I can't assess that further.