Re: Black Eye for NSA, NIST, and Denning

> But let's all acknowledge the technical weight
> and importance of Blaze's result for what it is: minuscule.

I'd love to see Mr. Deadbeat try to produce a similar result some
time. However, even beyond the raw intellectual achievement, Matt's
result is Pretty Good technically. He showed a major flaw in the
proposed escrowed encryption protocol that renders it pretty much
valueless. Deadbeat misses the boat when he notes you can pre-encrypt
-- with Matt's technique, I can actually interoperate with someone who
isn't attempting to avoid escrow. I'd like to see Deadbeat explain how
to manage that via any other method than the one proposed.

Perry