Re: NYT article

Excerpts from internet.cypherpunks: 2-Jun-94 NYT article by Ezekial
[email protected]
> ``Anyone interested in circumventing law-enforcement access would most
> likely choose simpler alternatives,'' Michael A. Smith, the agency's
> director of policy, said in a written statement in response to a
> reporter's questions. ``More difficult and time-consuming efforts, like
> those discussed in the Blaze paper are very unlikely to be employed.''

Right, until the clipperphone conversion units come out. It's too hard
for the average drug dealer/terrorist to do, just like making a
cellphone that generates a random ID number every time you pick it up.
:-7

The street finds its own use for things

Jer

[email protected] | "it's not a matter of rights  / it's just a matter of war
finger me for my |  don't have a reason to fight / they never had one before"
   Geek Code and |                                    -Ministry, "Hero"
  PGP public key | http://www.cs.cmu.edu:8001/afs/andrew.cmu.edu/usr25/jbde/