Anonymous Remailers

Anonymous says:

> There are a number of good text files out on anonymous mail
> forwarding servers, but nothing that really "ties it all
> together", so to speak.  If you know of such a thing, please post
> it.  Anyway, let me ask a few specific questions:

Well, there's a lot of stuff on the gopher site at chaos.bsu.edu...
Some of it was a bit out of date last time I checked tho.

> I read that fingering [email protected] will produce a current
> status of all "Cypherpunk" remailers.  I did so and it was quite
> informative.  However, "[email protected]" was omitted
> from the list.  Is there a reason for that?

Yeah, it didn't answer the pings my software sent out because it
doesn't support Request-Remailing-To.  I changed it to Anon-Send-To,
and it's in the list now.

> Do any of the other CP remailers (other than soda.berkeley.edu)
> offer a post-to-Usenet gateway?  If so, do they use the same
> syntax?

Yes and no.  I think vox.hacktic.nl can post to usenet with

> Is there a way to disable the encrypted reply address at the
> Berkeley remailer?

It won't include the reply block if you send mail to remailer@soda
from another remailer.  (I haven't tried this using all the
remailers tho, so I don't know if it will recognize them all as
being non-replyable addresses.)  Otherwise, you can chain from soda
to my remailer and use the Cutmarks: feature to snip it.

> I know that a few of the CP remailers have a certain adddress,
> like "help@<address>" which will provide an info sheet by return
> mail.  Do any of the others support that?  If so, would "help" be
> used, or something else?

Well, there's [email protected] ...