Re: The Crypto Home Shopping Network

> From: [email protected] (Graham Toal)
> I think RC4 is the 32 bit cypher used in cellular phones throughout
> Europe.  Rumour has it it can be cracked in realtime.

I dunno whether that's RC4, but RC4 is a stream cipher developed by
Rivest.  It's not patented; instead, RSADSI licenses it only as an
object module.  RC4 and RC2 (a block cipher) use variable-length
keys, and can be exported if the key length is 40 bits or less.
(Naturally, they're not very strong when used this way...)

   Eli   [email protected]
         finger for PGP key.