Re: Crime and punishment in cyberspace - 3 of 3

Edward Hirsch writes
> Well, that's one view of rights.  However, most attempts to base so
> called natural rights (i.e. rights that are somehow intrinsic to human
> existence) have been largely unsuccesful.  It's a tough argument to make.

Not so: In some matters it is a very easy to make.

While I am very interested in this topic, we have drifted away from
direct relevance to the cypherpunks mailing list.

My WWW page is primarily about this and related matters.  I urge those
interested in this topic to access

ftp://ftp.netcom.com/pub/jamesd/index.html

For example if you have a text interface to the internet o
you could type

lynx ftp://ftp.netcom.com/pub/jamesd/index.html

If you have a graphical interface to the internet you could type

mosaic ftp://ftp.netcom.com/pub/jamesd/index.html

We have the right to defend ourselves and our    |
property, because of the kind of animals that we |         James A. Donald
are.  True law derives from this right, not from |
the arbitrary power of the omnipotent state.     |         [email protected]