From [email protected] Fri Jun 10 15:13 CDT 1994
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 1994 13:04:07 -0700
From: Paul Schauble <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Subject: Delayed self-encrypting messages

I have a need to distribute some information fairly widely, but it's
critical that it not be openly revealed before a certain date. Consider the
model of an embargoed press release.

Can I do this with crypto technology? Can I send someone a message, and
possible a program, such that the message can only be decrypted after a
predetermined date?

    ++PLS

----- End Included Message -----

You could do the simple way, distribute the message, then a key at the
later date.  To make sure the encrypted message is genuine, sign the message
encrypt it, then sign it again, to ensure that people know that the
encrypted text is okay.