*&^%#@! Old-timers... NOT.

[email protected] (Timothy C. May) writes:

> I've found that posting comments about early work generates
> ill-tempered "you old-timers have no respect for the enthusiasm of
> newbies" posts. (Well, a slight exaggeration, perhaps.)
     Let me be the first to comment that anyone who says this is a fool,
and is too arrogant to realize the value of an informed opinion. Unless
the post takes the tone of "If you were around as long as I was", or
something similiar, an informed, experienced, opinion is always
appreciated -- at least by me.

     Hey, I don't know everything (don't let that leak out... *smirk*), so
I'm happy to learn from those who know more than I do. Everyone learned
from someone, and it's their net.obligation to pass on that knowledge.
It's the way the net works, with everyone helping someone less
experienced. It worked for me, and I'm happy to share information with
people who know less than I do. All I ask for is patience and a genuine
interest in learning what I have to teach. I try to show that same
interest when dealing with those who know more than I.

                                             --Jeff