Re: As I delurk, a question... (Clipper)

Roy M. Silvernail says:
> The thought occurs... the NSA doesn't seem particularly distressed that
> Clipper's LEAF can be spoofed and rendered unusable.  Could this
> indicate that the LEAF isn't really necessary to retrieve the session
> key after all?

Anything is possible. I'd say that it is more likely that this
indicates that the NSA is embarrassed by the entire episode, and that
they are planning on releasing a fix to the EES. Each of these,
seperately or together, is sufficient explanation.

I don't think they'd deliberately weaken the system. Doing so would be
too politically damaging to them in the long run. I believe they have
honestly built the best system they can. That does not mean it is
acceptable. Their honesty does not make the plan something that free
people should allow to be imposed upon them. However, I believe that
they are being reasonably honest. Even assuming honesty, the whole
thing reeks.

Perry