Re: [ANSWER] NIST's ftp site

> I have a copy of FIPS181 with Appendix A intact.  I can mail a copy if
> you like.
>

> Why bother just find it on another site, there are plenty out there.

The point of my NIST ftp site question was not to find a place to get DES
source, I know I can get DES source in lots of places.  I was just trying
to find out if the NIST site still had FIPS-181 with DES code.  Its
presence on a internationally accessible *US government* site would be an
embarrassment to the anti-export camp.

> > I wonder if [NIST will] ship [hard copies of DES source
> > code] to an address outside of the US or Canada?  I wonder if
> > the people who package and mail the stuff even look at it?

> Doesn't really matter, does it? Printed source code is
> available in hundreds of places, and doesn't require a
> CJR for export. Schneier's _book_ never had trouble;
> just the disk.

I know, but I thought it would be kind of ironic if anyone could get DES
source directly from the federal government.

[email protected]