Re: Prime magnitude and keys...a ?

> Of course you haven't seen such a thing. If factoring RSA keys
> requires exponential time, such an algorithm is obviously not
> possible. Were it possible, you could factor in time proportional to
> the the number of bits in the key. Anyone who had such a function
> would either be famous or wouldn't be talking.
>
> Perry

How about some evidence on it? I see no reason to compare taking a key
and determining if it is too large or too small as being necessarily
equivalent to factoring a large number. I do not need to know the number
exactly to determine its relative magnitude.

NSA doesn't say much...

I have found no evidence so far in my search for such a methodoligy, as a
matter of fact I have found no evidence that anyone has ever even looked
at such a scheme. If you know something I haven't been able to find then
pleas enlighten me so I can move on to other more worthy things to play
with...

Thanks for the feedback...