Re: Perry vs. the Math Teacher

[email protected] (Perry E. Metzger) writes:

> the result applicable to factoring, I feel rather sad. Its depressing
> commentary on what cypherpunks has become.
     Go figger. It's become a haven of learning, where the more learned
teach those willing to learn, instead of the self-congratulatory elitist
squad I was told it once was. That's why *I'm* here, to learn from those
who know more than I do. I am VERY willing to learn what others have to
teach. They know more than I do, and there's some very knowledgeable
people here.

     I've recieved some very nice replies to my earlier question about
what O(f(x)) meant, including one from you, Mike McNally, Bill O'Hanlon,
and Douglas Sinclair (thanx guys!! If anyone else sent anything, I haven't
recieved it yet, but you do have my thanx, in advance!). This only proves
that there are people who are only too willing to teach if someone shows
they are willing to listen, and learn.

     The moral of the story is this: Someone had to teach you at one time,
didn't they Perry? One is well-advised to remember, and be humbled by, the
fact that they weren't born knowing everything. Flames in e-mail, please.
Constructive replies always welcome.

                                   --Jeff
--
| Jeff Gostin                                      [email protected] |