Re: "The Virtual Hand": Free-market Internet guide

> > >The Competitive Enterprise Institute is pleased to announce:
> > >
> > >                THE VIRTUAL HAND
> > >
> > >                CEI'S FREE-MARKET GUIDE TO THE
> > >                INFORMATION SUPERHIGHWAY
>
> > Alright, who let the spammer in? I subscribe to net-resources for this
> > sorta crud; I don't need to see it here in cypherpunks.
>
>    Didn't look like a spam to me. It looked like a very targeted ad
> to a receptive audience. Cypherpunks contains, after all, a high...

This part of the audience is certainly not receptive.  I'm here to
discuss crypto and its implications, not to have my mailbox filled with
adverts.

Keep the spam off.  Unordered e-mail advertising (beyond a pointer to
where to find more info) is indeed bad.  If I wanted to read that guff in
its entirety, I would have checked the Web, gophers, or FTP sites, etc.

Richard