PGP is Product of the Week

   PGP is Product of the Week in last weeks PCMag.

I will bang my drum one more time...
How to beat the three letter agencies:

1.   Power of the press is just one of the weapons at our disposal.  Public
education and continued press on privacy alternatives is important.   One of
the things that would help a concerted offensive against the three letter
agencies that want to remove our privacy would be to send more articles to
the industry rags.  Hopefully better than the one published in Byte.   The
more exposure the better.  You there!  Start writing!

2.   Improve the ease-of-use factor for PGP... That is, write more front
ends (windowing since most of the general public uses it).  Example:
ViaCryptPGP for Compuserve's WINCIM and navigator.  I believe in the
critical mass theory... "A product becomes a defacto standard not that it is
always the best product but because of sheer number of users".  In this case
I am pushing PGP but I think it would go for crypto products in general.

3.  Drive for an independent "renegade" standard like PGP.  The term
renegade here meaning "having rejected tradition".  Flood the net with it
and the genie is truly out of the bottle.   Now that PGP is "legal" in the
US, and people outside the U.S. have the product spec no-one gets left out
in the cold.

4.  Mentioned earlier... "Attack the NSA budget".  This can be a win and a
loose since a smaller budget could lower our countries defenses.  It is
possible that an attack on the budget would get them to lay off without any
real action needing to be taken.

                                        ...  __o
                                       ..   -\<,
[email protected]      ...(*)/(*).          CI$: 76340.2422
PGP Pub Key fingerprint =  A8 FA 55 92 23 20 72 69  52 AB 64 CC C7 D9 4F CA
Avail on Pub Key server.