Brits propose internet voting

The brits have the "american" disease, only they've done us one better.

I just got through listening to the BBC World Service.  It seems that some
official commission or other over there proposed the Information
Infrastructure thang with a couple of twists: polling and elections.  They
said that they could save mucho dinero by having people vote from home.
Looks like someone over there did their crypto homework...

Even cited Mr. Bill's (Clinton, not Gates) email address as a Good Thing.

What's next, [email protected], gov? <hyuk>

Seriously, they couldn't be talking about this election thing unless they
knew it was possible (no star wars flames, please).  I wonder who put the
bug in their ear?  If anyone finds a copy of this report online (fat
chance, I bet) let me know.

Cheers,
Bob

Robert Hettinga  ([email protected]) "There is no difference between someone
Shipwright Development Corporation     who eats too little and sees Heaven and
44 Farquhar Street                       someone who drinks too much and sees
Boston, MA 02331 USA                       snakes." -- Bertrand Russell
(617) 323-7923