LA Radio Program

Jim Bidzos is damn impressive.  I heard most of the Which Way LA
program on the rerun as I recorded it.  (I think I got it all--the
tape flip was during Marc Rotenberg's introduction, but we mostly know
who he is--next question, what do I do with the tape?  KCRW-FM sells
tapes, so they might object to free distribution of said recording...)

Bidzos did a wonderful job.  He sounded nice and approachable, the
practical businessman, and the independent American standing up on
principles.  He left no obvious openings for the other side to make
points, it was a great appearance.  (Apparently from an airport
lounge, all the more impressive.)

Don't get me wrong, all the privacy phreaks sounded good (even the
"neutral" member of the press, Steven Levy), it is just that Bidzos
was really in the flow this afternoon.

Generally a very well done program.  To me it seemed obvious which
side came out ahead, yet the other side got such a good opportunity to
clearly make their case that they probably think the same.  (To me the
TLA case is so damming that a clear statement is thrilling.)

-kb, the Kent visiting in Venice, CA

P.S. As a MA resident I wish I had Moakley's correct fax number.
Effector says his House Rules Committee is the next battle in the
Cantwell bill crypto-export war.