Re: Illegal Acts & Crypto

>The dumbest question of all:
>
>"But if you aren't doing anything illegal, why do you need crypto? (or
>have to worry about stop-and-frisk, or need legal due process
>protections.)  Only lawbreakers have to worry if their privacy is
>violated."

Not that I think Government Is Our Friend (tm), but all this talk about
needing privacy to protect us from the government is missing the biggest
point.

We need privacy from criminals.

We need to keep keys private, even from the government, because:
1.	sometimes the criminals are *in* the government
2.	a key database is too easy for a criminal organization to get to