Re: BoardWatch & DigiCash.

: > Ziff-Davis publications. Anyone care to suggest a magazine (or other form
: > of trade rag) that gives unbiased information (or at least as close as
: > possible)? Z-D lost my subscription to both PC Mag and PC Computing, for

: * I like "Byte." Our own Peter Wayner has written good articles on
: crypto.

Good articles are few and far between.  Byte has gone downhill in a *big*
way, from the non-PC general computing/algorithm focus is had 10 years
ago - when we would have the annual Languages edition, and programs
you could actually do something new and useful with.  (I wrote an
image processing suite based on their 'Mona Lisa' article, and their
one of finding multi-word anagrams turned into my scrabble program)

Anyway all the blow-in cards suck.

: * "Communications of the ACM" is also good.

Maybe it got better recently, but last few years I was reading it, it
too had turned into a comic.  I was reasonable back around 76-80 but then
it turned into a joke.  I admit I haven't looked at it in the 90's.