Re: your mail

> with all this talk about bank card transactions, you remind me that i
> did a software project for remote credit card verification a while back.
> my part was the interface to the auth network.
>
> anybody curious what's in those transaction messages?

YES!  Any and all information regarding those standards would be very
helpful.  I'm a merchant and have their PC software, but want to connect
my Unix system directly...  (and automatically).

I was planning on reverse engineering the datastream.

This is not a complete announcement, but I'm working with someone who is
going to do the equivalent of credit card factoring, but with checks.
(You send a transaction, he prints the check, with validation.)
He's also working on EFT.

This will be a new Internet service.

sdw
--
Stephen D. Williams  Local Internet Gateway Co.; SDW Systems 513 496-5223APager
LIG dev./sales       Internet: [email protected]