Re: (fwd) Re: BSD random() - any good (source included)

From: Jim choate <[email protected]>
Subject: Good RNG generator information available.

	Hey, cpunks! For those of you who are interested in random number
generation, there's a great deal of discussion going on over in sci.math,
thread name "XXX". If the articles have expired on your site, or if you
don't have news access, mail me, and I'll send them out to everyone who
wants one later on.

-- Just an idea... This is what I was doing with the  2600 Cellular
Telephone article, except that my list of address get scragged along with
my mail dir.

> While it is true that some of my questions are off the wall, I will
> continue to ask them. If they bother then .kill me. As an aside to this
> I will continue to remail articles of technical interest (what c-punks
> is about last I heard anything) that I feel have a good case of being
> lost.

	[1] Your questions (off-the-wall or not) don't bother me.
	[2] I very rarely killfile people.

> I would also like to ask a question on a personal (no flame intended)
> nature. Were you going to post said message about these usenet submissions?
> Other than myself I see very few such re-posts from anything other than
> a newsgroup w/ 'crypt' in it somehow.

	No. I don't have the time or mathematical knowledge to read
sci.math and determine whahould be forwarded to cypherpunks or not.

> The flame ware, as I understand it anyway, had to do with forwarding
> multiple copies of EFF and similar material which is minimaly related
> to cyrypto and most users actively look for it. I doubt a lot of the
> users here check out sci.math, sci.chaos, sci.neural-nets, etc.

	[1] THe EFF forads were VERY crypto related (HR 3627), we just
got sick of seeing 4 copies of the same article pop up.
	[2] DO you know that no-one here reads those groups? I don't, but
considering the number of intelligent and varied people here, that's a
dangerous assumption.

> If we are really going to continue this thread then a serious discussion
> relating to c-punks and some form of submission standard needs to be agreed
> upon.

	Agreed.
Michael Brandt Handler                                <[email protected]>
Philadelphia, PA                                    <[email protected]>
Currently at CMU, Pittsburgh, PA            PGP v2.6 public key on request
Boycott Canter & Siegel                <<NSA>> 1984: We're Behind Schedule